Nec Event Terms
Nec Event Terms & Conditions
National Economists Club (“NEC”) is proud to produce NEC Luncheon (“Event”). The following Registration Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to you and any party you are registering for participation in any NEC Events (“Participant”), and such Participant’s registration, attendance, participation, enrollment, and/or application for involvement in the Event, including, without limitation, your purchase and/or possession of any NEC Event entry credentials whether physical, digital or a stamp, such as wristbands, badges or tickets (collectively referred to as “Credential or “Credentials”). By purchasing a ticket to the Event, and/or by obtaining your Credentials you agree to these Terms.
- NEC and its agents and representatives are the sole creators, sellers and distributors of NEC Credentials. Any Credential not created by and legally acquired from NEC or its authorized agents or representatives will be considered fraudulent and invalid, and subject to revocation.
- NEC does not issue refunds under any circumstances. Any and all payments made to NEC are not refundable for any reason, including, but not limited to, failure to use Credentials due to illness, acts of God, travel-related problems, acts of terrorism, loss of employment and/or duplicate purchases. NEC will not issue refunds for Credentials that have been revoked. Unused Credentials have no monetary value and cannot be credited to future years or NEC events. NEC will not issue refunds or credits due to failure to redeem a discount coupon during the registration process. Discounted prices are based on the date payment is received by NEC.
- Lost and Found will be located at registration during the Events. Participants can drop off found items at the registration table. Participants can also email a description of an item and the location it was lost/found to firstname.lastname@example.org. After ninety (90) days following the event, unclaimed lost and found items may be disposed of at NEC’s discretion. NEC is not responsible for lost or damaged items dropped off at any of the registration tables during the Event.
- Photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken at the Event by NEC, or others on behalf of NEC, may include a Participant’s image, name, voice and/or likeness. By attending and/or participating in the Events, each Participant hereby grants NEC permission to use, and to sublicense to third-parties, the Participant’s photograph, image, likeness, voice and statements for any purpose, including but not limited to commercial purposes, without compensation or credit to the Participant, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
- NEC is a private event and maintains a Weapons-Free Policy. Participants are prohibited from carrying weapons of any kind, including concealed or displayed firearms. Participants are not permitted to bring weapons onto the premises of any NEC Events. NEC may check the bags of Participants before allowing entry into the Event. NEC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without refund, to revoke the Credentials of Participants who violate this Weapons-Free Policy. Participant agrees that this policy is in force, and agrees to comply with the policy, regardless of whether signs prohibiting weapons are posted at the premises of the Event.
- Each Participant understands that participating in the Event is voluntary and may involve certain risks of physical injury, damage to property, and other damages or losses that may be sustained by a Participant. Each Participant assumes all risk of damages, property loss, and personal injury which may occur by participating in the Event.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL NEC BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT, OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY PARTICIPANT’S USE OF THE REGISTRATION, CREDENTIALS AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, EVEN IF NEC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE SAME, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR SAFETY, OR ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING. NEC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
- Each Participant (each an “Indemnifying Party”) agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold NEC and its officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, suppliers, and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and all other liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with the Indemnifying Party’s use of the registration(s) or Credential, or any violation of the Terms by the Indemnifying Party.
- The Terms will be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Each Participant and NEC hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States federal and state courts located in the District of Columbia and agrees that any such court will be the proper forum for the determination of any dispute arising hereunder.
- NEC reserves the right to make changes to the Terms at any time without notice to each Participant. In the event that any term or provision of the Terms shall be deemed invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such term or provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or provision.
The National Economists Club encourages the exchange of ideas on economics, business, and policy through meetings featuring leading experts in the field.
Members, mostly from around the nation’s capital, hail from business, government, academe, nonprofits, and international organizations. Our event programming features regular luncheons, receptions, and other events designed for socializing and networking. NEC is affiliated with the National Association for Business Economics, is nonpartisan, and takes no policy positions.