- 5/21/20 NEC Webinar: COVID-19 and the US Farm Industry w/ John Newton, American Farm Bureau Federation
- 5/13/20 NEC Webinar: Commercial Aviation: Rapid Descent to Gradual Climb-Out w/ John Heimlich, Airlines for America
- 5/7/20 NEC Webinar: COVID-19 and the Global Recession w/ Robert Wescott, Keybridge Research
- 4/29/20 NEC Webinar: Small Business and COVID-19 w/ Michael Chow, National Federation of Independent Business
- 4/14/20 NEC Webinar: US Manufacturing Crisis and Beyond w/ Cliff Waldman (New World Economics), Kristin Dziczek (Center for Automotive Research, and Don Leavens (National Electrical Manufacturers Association
- 2/27/20 NEC w/ Eric Parrado, Inter-American Development Bank
- 2/20/20 NEC w/ Alan Blinder, Princeton University
- 1/30/20 NEC w/ Katherine Cullen, Naional Retail Federation
- 1/21/20 NEC w/ Gregory Daco, Oxford Economics
- 1/9/20 NEC w/ Kenneth Austin, US Department of Treasury
- 12/12/19 NEC w/ Hester Peirce, US Securities & Exchange Commission
NEC w/ David Beckworth, Mercatus Center
NEC 51st Annual Dinner & Herbert Stein Memorial Lecture: Dale Jorgenson
NEC w/ Ike Brannon, Jack Kemp Foundation
NEC Happy Hour
NEC w/ Ken Simonson, AGCA
NEC w/ Doug Meade, Inforum
NEC w/ Ryan Nunn, Brookings
NEC w/ John Newton, AFBF
NEC w/ Robert Graboyes, Mercatus Center, GMU
NEC w/ Chad Bown, PIIE
NEC w/ Frank Nothaft, CoreLogic
Summer Signature Luncheon with Dr. James Bullard, President, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
NEC Happy Hour Event with Michael Uhrich, The Beer Institute
NEC w/ Dean Foreman, American Petroleum Institute (API)
NEC w/ Chad Moutray, National Association of Manufacturers
NEC w/ Lawrence Korb, Center for American Progress
NEC Happy Hour
NEC w/ Aaron Klein, Brookings Institution
NEC w/ Carolyn Evans, Intel Corporation
NEC w/ Nayantara Hensel, FHFA
NEC w/ Stuart Mackintosh, The Group of Thirty
NEC w/ Cliff Waldman, NEC President's Address
NEC w/ Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, IMF
NEC w/ Bob Lerman, Urban Institute
NEC w/ John Mayo, Georgetown University
NEC w/ Akrur Barua, Deloitte
NEC w/ Mark Zandi, Moody's Analytics
NEC w/Christopher Kurz, Federal Reserve Board & Members Meeting
NEC w/ David Sicilia, U of Maryland
NEC w/ Aparna Mathur, AEI
NEC & SGE w/ William Wiatrowski, BLS
NEC w/ John Mayo, Georgetown University
NEC w/ George Selgin, CATO Institute
NEC w/ Eswar Prasad, Cornell University
NEC w/ Doug Holtz-Eakin
NEC Holiday Reception at the British Embassy
NEC "An Automated World" Panel & Luncheon
NEC w/ Ellen Zentner
NEC w/ Patrick Manzi
NEC & SGE w/ Melanie Duncan
NEC 50th Anniversary Dinner & Herbert Stein Memorial Lecture: Henry Kaufman
NEC w/ Joseph Cordes
NEC w/ Tony Padilla
2018 NEC Summer Signature Event w/ Greg Ip
NEC Happy Hour with Jeff Schlagenhauf
NEC w/ Donald Losman
NEC President's Address with Mike Ryan
- 7/19/18 NEC w/ Alan Viard
NEC w/ Kris Bledowski
NEC & SGE w/ Lucia Foster
NEC w/ Bryan Roberts
- 6/7/18 NEC w/ Eugene Steuerle
NEC w/ Jay Shambaugh
NEC Happy Hour with Don Johnson
NEC Happy Hour w/ Eli Dourado
- 5/3/18 NEC w/ Mark Calabria
NEC w/ Keith Hall
NEC w/ Jim O'Sullivan
- 4/5/18 NEC w/ Clyde Prestowitz
NEC w/ Michael Horrigan
NEC/SGE w/ James Broughel
NEC w/ Nicholas Lardy & Members Meeting
- 3/8/18 NEC w/ Firas Modad
NEC w/ J. Anthony Curcio
NEC Happy Hour with Bert Ely (Bitcoin discussion)
NEC w/ Ken Simonson
- 2/1/18 NEC w/ Alice Rivlin
NEC w/ Christopher Hooton
NEC/SGE w/ Demetra Nightingale
NEC w/ Harold Furchtgott-Roth, Net Neutrality
- 1/4/18 NEC w/ Marc Goldwein
NEC w/ John Heimlich
NEC w/ Marc Goldwein
NEC w/ Kevin Swift, American Chemistry Council
- 10/26/17 NEC/SGE w/ Jeanette Chapman
2017 NEC Herbert Stein Memorial Lecture and Annual Members Dinner: Janet Yellen
NEC w/ Wayne Abernathy
NEC w/ Michael Garcia, NIST
- 9/28/17 NEC w/ Caroline Freund
NEC/SGE w/ Fiona Sussan
NEC w/ Steven Payson
NEC w/ Fei Yu, Asian Development Bank
- 7/11/17 2017 NEC Ambassador Address w/ Professor Ken Rogoff
NEC w/ John Anton, IHS Markit
NEC w/ Scott Winship
NEC w/ Anthony Elson, Author & Int'l Economist
- 6/8/17 NEC w/ Nayantara Hensel
NEC w/ Daniel Ahn, U.S. Department of State
NEC w/ Stephen Moore
NEC w/ Arun Raha, Eaton Corporation
- 5/11/17 NEC w/ Robert Graboyes, Mercatus Center
NEC w/ Joe Gagnon, Peterson Institute for International Economics
NEC w/ Maya MacGuineas, CRFB President
NEC w/ Doug Holtz-Eakin, American Action Forum
- 4/13/17 NEC w/ Kyle Pomerleau, Tax Foundation
NEC Kakehashi Scholars 2017: Lessons from Japan
NEC w/ Thomas Laubach, Federal Reserve Board of Govenors
NEC w/ Tate Nurkin, Jane's Aerospace and Defense
- 3/16/17 NEC w/ John Buckley
NEC w/ Professor Shujiro Urata, Waseda University
"Economics of Czech Wine" by Orley Ashenfelter at the Czech Embassy
NEC w/ Peter Merrill:Destination-Based Cash Flow Taxation
- 2/9/17 NEC w/ CBO Director Keith Hall: The Budget and Economic Outlook
NEC w/Joseph Minarik: "There is no budget yet. Any questions?"
NEC w/ Don Kohn: "Challenges for Monetary Policy from the Policy Agenda of the New Administration and Congress"
NEC w/Stephen Ezell
- 1/5/17 NEC w/ Joe Antos: Healthcare Reform in the New Administration
NEC w/ Thomas Stanton: "Federal Credit Programs: Strengths, Limitations, and Lessons Learned"
NEC w/Thomas Hogan, Senate Banking Committee
NEC w/ Stefanie Haeffele-Balch, Mercatus Center
- 11/3/16 2016 NEC Herbert Stein Memorial Lecture and Annual Members Dinner: Sebastian Mallaby
Economics of Beer w/Bill Butcher CEO of Port City Brewery Company (NEC Members and BAH Employees Only)
NEC w/David Malpass, Trump Campaign
NEC w/Jill Janocha Redmond, BLS
- 10/6/16 NEC w/Erin Gulick, Export-Import Bank
NEC w/Laura Tyson,
NEC w/Nela Richardson, Chief Economist, Redfin
NEC w/ Lilja Alfreðsdóttir, Icelandic Minister, Foreign Affairs
- 9/15/16 NEC w/ Paul Atkins, Former SEC Commissioner: "Nanny Economics: Regulatory Expansion, Economic Repression"
NEC w/ Mei Fong: "One Child: The Story of China's Most Radical Experiment"
NEC w/ William Beach, Mercatus
NEC w/ Peter Kelley, American Wind Energy Association
- 7/7/16 NEC w/ Justin Antonipillai, Counselor to Penny Pritzker, DOC Secretary
NEC w/ J. Robert Vastine, Senior Industry and Innovation Fellow
NEC w/ Stuart Mackintosh, Group of Thirty: "The Brexit Referendum"
NEC w/ Rob Atkinson, ITIF: "Why the U.S. Needs a New Productivity Strategy"
- 6/10/16 NEC w/ w/Kakehashi Scholars Elliot Nethercutt and Jessie Yu
NEC w/ Don Norman, MAPI: “Lagging Investment in Manufacturing: "Causes and Implications"
NEC--Williams DC Alumni w/Will Kuntz from Major League Soccer
NEC w/ Sandra Black, Council of Economic Advisers CEA
- 5/5/16 NEC w/ Greg Ip, The Wall Street Journal: "Paradoxes of Banking Crises"
NEC w/ Michael Ryan, IHS Global Insight: "Shifting Tides: Global Fixed Investment Outlook"
NEC w/Ken Fujita, Bank of Japan: "The Bank of Japan's Negative Interest Rate Policy: Design, Goal and Market Reaction"
NEC w/ Jay Shambaugh, Council of Economic Advisers CEA: “The Global Economic Situation”
- 4/8/16 NEC w/ Melissa Kearney, UMD and The Brookings Institution
NEC w/ Lisa Emsbo-Mattingly, Fidelity Investments: "What Does China Mean to the US?"
NEC/SGE w/Nadia Karamcheva, Congressional Budget Office
NEC w/ Steven M. Rosenthal, Urban Institute
- 2/18/16 NEC w/ Chad Moutray, NAM
NEC w/ Harold Furtchtgott-Roth, Ph. D., Hudson Institute
NEC w/ Derek Scissors, American Enterprise Institute
NEC w/ Erica Groshen, BLS
- 1/21/16 NEC/SGE w/Adele Morris, The Brookings Institution
NEC w/ Kent Hughes, Woodrow Wilson Center
NEC w/ Patrick Cirillo, International Monetary Fund
NEC w/ Kevin Frick
- 12/10/15 NEC at The Embassy of the United Kingdom w/Alice Campbell, Economic Counsellor
NEC/SGE w/Mark Huggett
NEC Herbert Stein Memorial Lecture and Annual Members Dinner: Stanley Fischer, FRB
NEC w/ Martin Baily, The Brookings Institution
- 10/15/15 NEC/SGE w/William H. Frey, Brookings
NEC w/Peter Morici, University of MD: "Economic Outlook: Treacherous Times"
The NEC Annual Ambassador's Address with Dr. Lawrence H. Summers
NEC w/Seth Carpenter, Dept of the Treasury
- 9/17/15 NEC/SGE w/Keith Hall, Congressional Budget Office
NEC w/Robert Young, Amercian Farm Bureau Federation
NEC/SGE w/Lesley J. Turner, University of Maryland: "Giving Secondary Earners a Tax Break: A Proposal to Help Low- and Middle-Income Families"
NEC w/Brian Reid, Investment Company Institute
- 6/25/15 NEC w/Karen Dynan, US Dept of the Treasury
NEC/SGE w/Kevin Perese, Congressional Budget Office: "The Distribution of Household Income, Federal Taxes, and Government Spending"
NEC w/Nicholas Lardy, Petersen Institute for International Economics: "The Rise of Private Business in China"
NEC w/ Geir H. Haarde, Ambassador of Iceland: "How Iceland Weathered The Financial Crisis"
- 5/28/15 NEC/SGE w/Norbert Michel, The Heritage Foundation: "Digital Currencies Based on Bitcoin’s Block Chain"
NEC w/Jeffrey Werling, University of MD, INFORUM
NEC/SGE w/Olivier Blanchard, IMF
NEC w/Warren Payne, House Ways and Means
- 4/16/15 NEC/SGE w/Rob Williams, Resources for the Future
NEC w/Mark Finley, British Pretoleum
NEC W/Bill Hoagland, Bipartisan Policy Center
NEC w/George Selgin, The Cato Institute
- 3/12/15 NEC w/Levi Tillemann, New America Foundation: The Great Race: The Global Quest For The Car Of The Future
NEC w/Kevin Moore, Federal Reserve Board of Governors: Changes in U.S. Family Finances: Results from the Survey of Consumer Finances
NEC/SGE: Peter Tatian, The Urban Institute: “Building an Inclusive City: Affordable Housing in the District of Columbia”
NEC w/Stan Collender, Qorvis MSLGROUP: "The Federal Budget In A Time Of Madness"
- 2/5/15 NEC w/Beth Klee, Federal Reserve Board of Governors
NEC w/Sam Batkins, American Action Forum
NEC/SGE: Fitzroy Lee, DC OCFO
NEC w/John Allison, CATO
- 12/18/14 NEC/SGE: Caroline Ratcliffe, Urban Institute
NEC w/Arturo Porzecanski, American University
NEC w/Stephanie Hugie Barello, BLS
NEC/SGE: Adriana Kugler, Georgetown University
- 11/13/14 2014 NEC Herbert Stein Memorial Lecture and Annual Members Dinner: N. Gregory Mankiw
2014 Herbert Stein Mememorial Lecture and Annual Dinner Sponsorships
NEC w/Simon Johnson, MIT
NEC w/Robert F. Wescott, Keybridge Public Policy Economics
- 10/23/14 NEC w/Harold Furchtgott-Roth, Hudson Institute
NEC/SGE : Shushanik Hakobyan, Fordham University
NEC w/Thomas Stout, KPMG
NEC w/ Katsuyuki Kubo, Ph.D., Waseda University, JAPAN
- 9/25/14 NEC w/Gordon Adams, American University
NEC/SGE: Mark A. Calabria, CATO Institute
NEC w/Stuart P.M. Mackintosh, The Group of Thirty
NEC w/Richard Vague, The Governor's Woods Foundation
- 7/31/14 NEC w/Peter Boettke, Mercatus Center (GMU) and The Independent Institute
NEC/SGE: Kara Reynolds, American University
NEC w/Daniel Gallagher, Embassy of the United Kingdom
NEC w Eugene Steuerle, Urban Instutite
- 7/2/14 NEC w/Professor Takashi Omori, Tokyo City University (No Walk-Ins Will be permitted for Security Reasons)
NEC w/Gary Clyde Hufbauer, PIIE
NEC w/ Thomas Hoenig, FDIC
NEC w Ike Brannon, Capital Policy Analytics
- 6/5/14 NEC w/Dr. Mark Skousen, Chapman University
NEC w/Linda Dempsey, National Association of Manufacturers
NEC w/Bernard Weinstein, Southern Methodist University
NEC/SGE w/ Norton Francis, Tax Policy Institute
- 5/1/14 NEC w/Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac
Marek Belka, National Bank of Poland
NEC w/Charles Kenney, Center for Global Development
NEC w/Martin A. Sullivan, Tax Analysts
- 4/3/14 NEC w/ Robert Dugger, Ready Nation Advisory and Invest in Kids Working Group
NEC w/Robert Graboyes, Mercatus Center
NEC w/Athanasios Orphanides, MIT
NEC w/Anthony Elson, JHU SAIS
- 3/6/14 NEC w/Lee Moak, Airline Pilots Association
NEC w/Douglas Holtz-Eakin, American Action Forum
NEC/SGE w/Joseph Rosenberg, Urban Institute
NEC w/Patrick Anderson, Anderson Economic Group
- 1/30/14 NEC w/Kenichi Kawasaki, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies
NEC/SGE w/Roger Betancourt, University of Maryland
NEC w/Joseph Minarik, Committee for Economic Development
NEC w/Robert D. Atkinson, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (with Ben Miller)
- 12/12/13 NEC w/Lawrence H. White, Mercatus Center, GMU
NEC w/Adam S. Posen, Peterson Institute: “Central Banks Have To Get Their Hands Dirty to Maintain Financial Stability”
NEC/SGE w/Kate Coventry, DC Fiscal Policy Institute
NEC Annual Members Dinner: Ben S. Bernanke, Fed Chairman
- 11/14/13 NEC w/Michael Horrigan, Bureau of Labor Statistics
NEC w/Mark Doms, US Dept of Commerce: “The Value of Government Economic Data”
NEC w/Frederick Treyz, REMI
NEC w/Jay Pelosky, New America Foundation
- 10/17/13 NEC/SGE w/Richard Fry, Pew Research Center
Chad Moutray, National Association of Manufacturers
Edward Alden, Council on Foreign Relations
NEC w/ Antulio Bomfim, Macroeconomic Advisers
- 9/18/13 NEC at the Embassy of Brazil: Featuring Nelson Barbosa Filho
NEC w/Ken Simonson, Associated General Contractors of America
NEC w/Mark J. Finley BP America
NEC w/Jonathan Rothwell, "The Hidden STEM Economy: Redefining High-Skilled Work"
- 7/12/13 Please Do Plan to Attend unless you have registered in advance) NEC w/ The Beer Institute/Lester Jones: "The Economics of Beer"
NEC w/Jennifer Harris, US Dept of State
NEC w/Craig Lewis, US SEC
NEC/SGE w/Heidi Shierholz, Economic Policy Institute
- 6/13/13 NEC w/Lawrence Yun, National Association of Realtors: "Housing Shortage . . . For How Long?"
NEC w/Kenneth Smith Ramos, Embassy of Mexico
NEC w/Amity Shlaes, Syndicated Columnist: The President Who Said 'No'"
NEC/SGE w/Sarah Bloom Raskin, Federal Reserve Board of Governors: "Prospects for a Stronger Recovery"
- 5/9/13 NEC w/Deanna Okun,Adduci, Mastriani & Schaumberg: "Trade Policy: Its Impact on the US Economy"
NEC/SGE w/Peter Wallison, Author and Scholar: “The Causes of the 2008 Financial Crisis: A Dissenting View"
NEC w/John Silvia, Wells Fargo: "Economic Outlook, the Banking Sector and Developing Disequilibrium"
NEC at the Residence of the Ambassador of Brazil: Featuring Luciano Coutinho
- 4/11/13 NEC w/ Keith Hall, GMU: "How has the Measured Unemployment Rate Performed during the Great Recession?"
NEC w/ Peter Davis, Davis Capital Investment Ideas: "Sequester, CR, and Little Long-Term Deficit Reduction"
NEC w/ Steve H. Hanke, JHU and CATO Institute: “The Anatomy of Misguided U.S. Monetary Policy: 1987-2012" (Short Members Meeting to follow)
NEC/SGE w/ Jerry Taylor, CATO Institute: "The (Qualified) Case for Government Intervention in Energy Markets: Theory & Practice"
- 3/14/13 NEC w/Jacob Funk Kirkegaard, PIIE: “The Euro Area Crisis: Status in early 2013”
Michael Lind, New America Foundation: “History of the American Economy and Growth”
NEC w/Jun Saito, Japan Center for Economic Research (JCER): “What Japan Found in the Two Lost Decades: An Appraisal of the Abe-nomics”
Mark Zandi, Moody's Analytics: "5 Reasons for Optimism: The U.S. economy is on the cusp of much stronger growth" (THE EVENT IS AT CAPACITY--WE WILL BE UNABLE TO ACCOMMODATE WALK-INS TODAY
- 2/7/13 Alice Rivlin, The Brookings Institution: “The Budget and the Debt: What’s Next?”(This event will take place as planned)
Robert Litan, Bloomberg Government: "Deficit Outlook and Negotiating Reductions"
NEC/SGE w/Stephen Entin, Tax Foundation
- 1/10/13 NEC w/Mark DeWeaver, Quantrarian Capital Management: "Animal Spirits with Chinese Characteristics"
NEC Annual Members Dinner Edmund S. Phelps,
NEC w/Robert Kahn, Council of Foreign Relations: Key Global Risks for 2013: From Fiscal Cliff to
Robert D. Atkinson, ITIF
- 11/29/12 NEC w/Neil Soss, Ph.D., Credit Suisse: “How Does the Current Business Cycle Inform the Long-Run Outlook?
TUESDAY: NEC w/ Martin Feldstein, Harvard University
FRIDAY NEC w/SGE: Bruce Bartlett, The Fiscal Times: “Prospects for Tax Reform"
Robert Hetzel, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond: "A Monetarist Criticism of Central Bank Monetary Policy in the Extended Great Recession: ECB Monetary Policy as a Template"
- 10/25/12 David Montgomery, NERA Economic Consulting: "The Growing Burden of Federal Regulation"
NEC w/SGE: Stephen Harvey, EIA
Matt Slaughter, Dartmouth University: “Five Numbers Facing America Regardless of November 6, 2012”
Carolyn Campbell, Emerging Capital Partners
- 10/2/12 NEC w/ Stephen Chaikind | Johns Hopkins University: "Economics of Wine"
NEC w/Ellen Hughes-Cromwick, Ford Motor Corporation
NEC w/SGE: Kim Rueben, Urban Institute
NEC w David Wessel, Wall Street Journal
- 9/6/12 NEC w/Ken Simonson, Associated General Contractors
NEC w/Ryan Avent, The Economist (Contact for available space: http://cnponline.org/ht/display/EventDetails/i/38692
NEC w/SGE: Alex Brill, American Enterprise Institute
NEC w/Megan McArdle, Special Correspondent, Newsweek, Daily Beast
- 6/29/12 NEC w/Jared Bernstein and Douglas Holtz-Eakin
NEC w/SGE: Stephanie Aaronson, Treasury Department
NEC w/Peter Davis, Davis Capital Investment Ideas
NEC w/Susan Offutt, GAO
- 5/31/12 NEC w/Peter Dixon, Monash University
NEC w/ Jeffrey Miron, Harvard University
NEC/SGE w/Olivier Blanchard, IMF and MIT
NEC/Dale Jorgenson, Harvard University
- 5/7/12 NEC w/Indermit Gill (The Polish Ambassador's Residence)
NEC w/Martin Wolf, Financial Times, "Why the Eurozone Crisis Is Not Over"
NEC w/Charles Calomiris: Restructuring Prudential Bank Regulation to Make It Work."
NEC/SGE w/Candida Wolff, Citigroup
- 4/12/12 NEC w/ Charles Plosser, Philadephia Federal Reserve
NEC w/ Andrew J. Sherman, Jones Day: "Harvesting Intangible Assets: Making the Most of Intellectual Property Management"
NEC w/ Martin Baily, Brookings: "Productivity Puzzles and the Recovery"
NEC w/Paul C. Taylor, NADA: “Retail Automotive in a Slow-Growth Economy”
- 3/8/12 NEC w/ SGE: William Gale, Brookings Institution
NEC w/ John McClain, GMU, "The Outlook for the Washington Area Economy"
NEC w/ Arvind Subramanian, Peterson Institute
NEC w/SGE: Thomas Palley, New America Foundation
- 2/9/12 NEC w/ Douglas Elmendorf, CBO: “Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2012 to 2022”
NEC w/Douglas G. Duncan, Fannie Mae: "2012 - Year of the Political Economy. How Will Housing Fare?"
NEC w/Ted Truman, Petersen Institute: “Unraveling the Euro Crisis” (NFIB Offices)
NEC w/SGE: Chapin D. White, Ctr for Studying Health System Change: "The Slowdown in Medicare Spending Growth: What Does it Mean?"
- 1/12/12 NEC w/Dan Meckstroth, MAPI: "The Global Manufacturing Outlook" Please register by 1/10/12
Happy Hour with CFA Society of Washington DC
NEC w/Ethan Harris, Bank of America: "Recession or Recovery?" (No new reservations are being taken at this time; if previously reserved but not paid, your reservation is still valid)
NEC w/Jeffrey Kling, CBO and NBER : "CBO's Use of Evidence in Analysis of Budget and Economic Policies"
- 12/8/11 NEC w/Len Nichols and James Capretta: “Both Sides Now: Bipartisan Healthcare Wrap-up” (Location is NFIB Offices)
NEC w/Michael Mandel, Progressive Policy Institute
NEC/SGE w/David M. Driesen, Syracuse University
NEC Annual Dinner w/ Jason Furman, White House Nat'l Economic Council (A few spaces are still available)
- 11/3/11 NEC w/Greg Fager, The Institute of International Finance, Inc.
NEC w/Antulio Bomfim, "Unconventional Monetary Policy and the Yield Curve"
NEC/SGE w/Joseph Farrell, Federal Trade Commission
NEC w Ike Brannon, American Action Forum
- 9/28/11 NEC w/Rudolph Penner, Urban Institute
NEC w/Jan Winiecki, Monetary Policy Council of the National Bank of Poland
NEC/SGE w/Phillip Swagel, AEI
NEC w/ Chad Moutray, NAM
- 7/28/11 NEC w/JD Foster, The Heritage Foundation
NEC w/SGE: Donald Marron, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Ctr: "Spending in the Tax Code"
NEC: Ron Trostle, USDA/ERS
NEC: Traci Mach, Federal Reserve
- 6/16/11 NEC w/SGE: Wendy Edelberg (Speaker Change)
NEC w/Sherry Glied, HHS/Planning & Evaluation
NEC w/Rakesh Kochhar, Pew Hispanic Center
NEC w/John Felmy, American Petroleum Institute
- 5/19/11 NEC w/SGE: Bruce Bolnick, Nathan Associates, Inc.
NEC w/ Mark Zandi, Chief Economist, Moody's Analytics
NEC w/Paul Fronstin, EBRI
NEC w/Beethika Khan, Dept of Commerce, ESA
- 4/21/11 NEC w/SGE: Nyantara Hensel, U.S. Dept of the Navy
NEC w/John Goodman, National Center for Policy Analysis
NEC w/Giuseppe Gramigna, SBA
NEC w/John Mousseau, Cumberland Advisors
- 3/24/11 NEC w/ John Silvia, Wells Fargo
NEC/wSGE: John P. Heimlich, ATA "US Airlines: A Global Perspective from Inside the Beltway"
NEC w/Stephen Goss, Social Security Administration
NEC w/ Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac
- 2/24/11 NEC w/ Douglas W. Elmendorf, Director CBO
NEC/wSGE: Oded Shenkar, "Copycats: How Smart Companies Use Imitation to Gain Strategic Edge"
NEC w/ Diana Furchtgott-Roth, Hudson Institute
NEC w/ Michael Horrigan, BLS
- 1/27/11 NEC w/ John Goodman President & CEO The National Center for Policy Analysis
NEC/SGE w/Robert Lerman Urban Institute & American University
NEC w/ Maya MacGuineas, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
NEC w/ James Bullard, Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis
- 11/9/10 NEC Annual Dinner w/ Gary Gensler, CFTC
NEC w/ T. Timothy Ryan,Jr., SIFMA
NEC ON CAMPUS American University Panel Discussion
The National Economists Club encourages the exchange of ideas on economics, business, and policy through meetings featuring leading experts in the field.
Members, mostly from around the nation’s capital, hail from business, government, academe, nonprofits, and international organizations. Our event programming features regular luncheons, receptions, and other events designed for socializing and networking. NEC is affiliated with the National Association for Business Economics, is nonpartisan, and takes no policy positions.