Website Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (CRFB) is seeking to grow our policy team.
CRFB is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization devoted to educating policymakers, the media and citizens about the fiscal challenges facing the country, as well as the possible solutions. The Committee is made up of some of the nation’s leading budget experts including many of the past Chairmen and Directors of the Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Government Accountability Office.
The Policy or Senior Policy Analyst will contribute to the organization’s analysis of federal budget, tax, health, Social Security, and economic policy issues. We are looking for a team player interested in writing, researching, and publishing new content; analyzing new legislation and approaches to federal budget policy; and becoming part of a growing team of fiscal policy thought leaders.
- Lead and/or conduct fiscal policy research
- Evaluate academic literature, economic data, and relevant government reports
- Write policy papers, issue briefs, op-eds, background memos, and blog posts
- Perform analysis of policy proposals and participate in new policy design efforts
- Estimate and extrapolate various budgetary estimates
- Assist media, external groups, and lawmakers on fiscal policy issues
- Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Prior knowledge, experience, and expertise with fiscal policy, including familiarity with CBO documents
- Minimum of 2-3 years of fiscal policy experience/4-7 for Senior Policy Analyst
- Proven quantitative, analytical, and research skills
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced team environments
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel’s graphing and data manipulation functions
- Strong writing skills, especially the ability to communicate policy ideas and legislative proposals concisely and effectively to a diverse range of audiences
- Expertise or high familiarity with the federal budget and appropriations process is preferred, but not required
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, with major in economics, public policy, or a related field preferred
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and writing sample no longer than six pages to email@example.com. When applying, please write “Policy Analyst” or “Senior Policy Analyst” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Salary and title commensurate with experience.
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment. The Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with US state and federal laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org